How to do a slide up plate
This plait looks complicated, but if you can do a basic plait, you’ll be able to master the side-up plait with ease. For this style you’ll hold one pice of your plait and slide the other two sections.
This side-up plait is know as a snake plait weaving its way along a single section of hair. This elaborated plat is good for any occasion, formal or informal, work or play.
How to get it
- brush your hair and section off a piece for your plait
- split the section into three equal pieces and do a basic plait all the way down to the end
- take the end of your plait and hold one piece (it doesn’t matter which one) with one hand and slide the other hand
- the plait will gather and bunch initially, but pull each turn of the plait up along the central section to even it out
- adjust the plait all the way up to sit evenly, and secure the end with a clear hair elastic
Don’t be scared to slide the plait right up, as you can always adjust it back down and make it more evenly spaced. Don’t plait too tightly, as this will make it harder to slide the plait up.